Urban Kiz is a couple-dance that originated in France somewhere between 2000 and 2014. Urban Kiz is short for Urban Kizomba, but in speech one hardly ever refers to Urban Kizomba. Around 2015 the dance still went under various different names, such as: French Style, New Style, Neo-Kizomba, because no consensus was reached on a final name.
The dance style evolved from Kizomba (which originates from Africa/Angola and means party in Kimbundu language), when Kizomba music was influenced by urban music styles such as R&B, Rap, Dance and Hip Hop. As the music changed, the dancers made new interpretations on how to move on this music.
The main difference between Urban Kiz and Kizomba is that the dancers generally have a larger distance between them and often don’t have the chest-to-chest connection as is common with Kizomba. The figures made often also require movement along straight lines and pivots and pirouettes of the lady are also more common in Urban Kiz than in Kizomba.
Basic steps and techniques, leading and following, musicality, different dance combinations
• we have Urban Kiz classes for different levels, choose the one that suits you
• you can come with or without a partner (most people come alone and switch partners during the class)
• bring comfortable shoes (dance shoes, sneakers, slippers, etc.)
• no training clothes required, normal everyday clothes are suitable
• address: Veerenni 29/1 (RMagination dance studio, free parking in front of the house)
|8 classes of salsa or urban kiz beginners (valid 4 weeks)||55€|
|16 classes of salsa or urban kiz beginners (valid 8 weeks)||100€|
|8+8 classes of salsa or urban kiz beginners for a couple (valid 4 weeks)||100€|
|4 classes (valid 4 weeks)||40€|
|8 classes (valid 4 weeks)||72€|
|16 classes (valid 9 weeks)||128€|
|8+8 classes for the couple (valid 4 weeks)||128€|
|Private class||Agreed separately|
To register, fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please call or write us.